Saturday, July 31, 2010

So very sick of doctors!

I'd be perfectly happy if I never had to step foot into another doctor's office. I know this is not possible, but it would be nice to go at least a few weeks! In the past 6 weeks I have been at a doctor's office 15 times...not including the night I spent in the ER with Ella. And Ella has an appointment on Monday, Sydney is getting allergy shots every Monday and Thursday, and Sydney has an appointment with the eye doctor on August 9. When it rains, it pours. I'm exhausted...both mentally and physically. I need to know for sure what's going on with Ella...not "It might be juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, but we need to do some tests" "It does sounds like it could be JRA, but lets do these tests first". AHHH! We've ruled out a lot of things. We'll get the results from her last round of tests on Monday. I'm anxious. There is no one test for JRA. There are tests that you can do that sometimes are abnormal in kids with JRA, but its also possible for a child to have all normal test results and still have JRA. It can be hard to diagnose. I understand that. I know its all part of the process. Its just hard to see your child in so much pain...to the point she can't walk or even bend her leg without excruciating pain at times off and on for 6 weeks and still have no answers. I'm ready to know for sure what's going on. I don't want her to have JRA. But, if she does, I want to know so we can start trying to figure out things to do to make things better for her. I just want answers. On top of everything going on with Ella, Makaela had an overnight EEG (she was able to come home with everything hooked up and we took it back the next day...hopefully we'll get the results soon and hopefully it will show no seizure activity (we are hoping she's outgrown the seizures and we'll be able to wean her off the meds...I'm trying not to get my hopes up!), Sydney is going twice a week for allergy shots, Lilly had an asthma flare-up, and Sydney is having these "near passing out episodes" (that's what the dr called them). I took her to the dr this morning and her blood pressure was pretty low (66/40...the nurse checked it twice to make sure). We are supposed to increase her salt intake and make sure she drinks a lot and see if that helps. She's also complained of headaches and things looking blurry the past few weeks. I thought she just needed her eyes checked (I made her an appt for 8/9) and didn't think much of it until now.. If her eyes are okay the doctor wants us to bring her back in for more testing. He said the low blood pressure could be due to a virus (she had a stomach bug last Sunday) but if she keeps having these episodes we need to do more tests. Its always something... And it seems like everything happens at once. I'm very thankful that my girls are as healthy as they are though. It could be much, much worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment