Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Can't wait for school to start back!

I love my girls and I love spending time with them. But they are driving me crazy lately! The constant picking and fighting is beyond annoying. And I'm so very sick of iCarly, Phineas and Ferb, and Spongebob!!! I'd rather be watching Yo Gabba Gabba (and I despise that show!). I think tomorrow may be a no tv day. I've got errands to run anyway. Of course the thought of going to the bank, Target, Walmart, and the grocery store with 5 kids who can't seem to get along for more than 5 minutes is kinda scary. Good thing bribing them with a $1 piece of junk from the dollar bins at Target usually works wonders :) Then Thursday after Sydney's shot we have to run to Sam's Club then if the weather is nice, maybe we can go to the park for a picnic lunch and to play for a while. That bribe won't cost me anything :) I always said I'd NEVER EVER dream of bribing my kids. Yeah, I'm eating those words. You've got to go what you've got to do sometimes. And hey...I prefer to think of it as rewarding them for not misbehaving rather than bribing...even though I really don't see the difference :)

Ella's follow up appointment with the rheumatologist was frustrating to say the least. All her test results came back normal...which is great, but still doesn't explain anything. The doctor kept insisting that she was fine and nothing is wrong with her. He said since she was not in any pain and her knees weren't inflamed that he couldn't diagnose her with anything and nothing was wrong. When I asked why it kept happening if everything was perfectly fine, he just blew me off and looked at Ella and said "Ella, tell your mommy you are fine". It took everything I had in me not to say "Ella, tell the doctor he's a jerk" (Okay, I really thought something a little worse than jerk...). He wants me to bring her back in 3 months, which won't be happening. He said if it happens again to bring her in while she's in pain. I don't think I'll be doing that either. If it happens again, we'll go to her pediatrician who will refer her to someone else. I'm really hoping it doesn't happen again. That it was some unexplained, fluke thing that never happens again. She's had several good days in a row with no pain, no limping, etc. I hope it continues this way. And if it happens again and there is something still going on, I'll take her to another doctor...hopefully one who isn't such a huge jerk. So now I guess we just wait and see what happens and go from there.

Now I'm off to fix lunch and get some much needed cleaning and laundry done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment