Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Just rambling...

This is one of those weeks with several appointments.  Yesterday Lilly had a dentist appointment to get a filling.  She did great, as usual.  She LOVES going to the dentist.  Before her appointment she asked me if her appointment was just for a cleaning.  I said no, she had to get one more filling and she said "YES!  I get two prizes instead of just one!"  After her appointment we went to the library and then took Sydney to get her allergy shot and then came home and did some much needed cleaning.

Today I had to go to the college to buy books for this semester (which starts August 22...I can't believe how quickly the summer has flown by!).  It was insane.  We got there a little before 9:00 and got in the back of a huge line.  I had all of the girls with me, but they did really, really well.  We didn't leave there until 11:15 and then I had to run to the grocery store (but I forgot cat food again...ahhh!!).

Tomorrow, Lilly has an appointment with the neurologist to talk about the dizzy spells she has been having.  After that I've got to run to the Observer office and get a few Sunday papers since I forgot to get papers on Sunday and then I told the girls we would go to Bojangles and get biscuits (and mashed potatoes for Ella....they really don't have many gluten free choices, but mashed potatoes are her favorite food, so it all works out) if they behaved during the appointment.  Yes, I bribe my kids.  Growing up I swore I never would.  Its just one of the many things I swore I'd never do when I had kids...  Sometimes you just have to do whatever works and if rewarding (okay, bribing...) them with boberry biscuits works, then so be it :)  And we each have $1 off gift cards that we got at Fan Fest on Saturday, so it ends up being pretty cheap too!  After that I have to run to the store to get cat food.  I'd like to go to Harris Teeter at some point since Super Doubles starts tomorrow, but since I won't be able to go first thing in the morning they will likely be sold out of everything that is free or super cheap by the time I can get there.  But, I have a $1 off coupon for gluten free bread which would make it $3.99 instead of $5.99.  And maybe I'll get lucky and they won't be sold out of everything else I want.  Oh, and I have to take the van in for an oil change at 2:00 tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment