We've got a fairly busy week this week. The girls are out of school tomorrow, but we've got to take Sydney to get her allergy shot and then she has a penguin project due on Tuesday (we were hoping to make cupcakes, but since they were out of school all last week she wasn't able to ask if that would be okay) so we have to make an igloo out of marshmallows and then make penguins out of toilet paper rolls :) That should be interesting. Then we'll use any left over marshmallows (we bought 3 bags, so we should have plenty left over...) to make rice krispy treat! Or maybe fruity pebbles treats :) Tuesday Ella has an appointment with the eye doctor. I'm determined to get caught back up on laundry this week....as long as the washer and dryer will cooperate... Hopefully I'll be able to :)
Sunday, January 16, 2011
I've been asked several times how I find the patience to deal with 5 kids. I hate being asked that question because I don't have a clue. And honestly, a lot of the time I'm not very patient. I wish I was more patient. Patience has never been one of my strong points... And right now I'm really, really struggling with being patient. I'm trying my best to just be patient and wait for Ella's doctors to get all the test results and then get back to me, but its just not working out too well for me. My patience is gone. I want to know what's going on and, most importantly, I want to know how to help her. This has been going on for months now and I'm ready for answers. I'm really, really, really hoping that I hear something tomorrow. I've been praying for patience, but I'm starting to think I might need to revise that prayer some.... Things seem to keep getting pushed back and having to be rescheduled and I'm starting to think that in order to give me patience God is giving me more reasons to NEED patience. Which is totally not what I had in mind. I guess its like they always say... Be careful what you wish for :) Makaela's appointment also had to be rescheduled (although I need to call back and make sure they actually managed to schedule one this time. I'm seriously considering switching her to a different neurologist...) so that isn't until the 24th. I'm anxious to see what the doctor has to say about that as well.