Wednesday, August 11, 2010


We just got home from Harris Teeter! They are having Super Doubles this week. I missed the last triples because I was out of town, and honestly, I've slacked off on the couponing thing lately. I don't have as many coupons as I'd like. I'm getting back into it though...slowly but surely. I had planned on getting up and going bright and early, but that didn't happen. The girls were all up by 7:30 and by 8:00 they'd lost the TV because they could not stop fighting. Every little thing started an argument. So, we didn't make it out of the house until after 9:00. By the time we got there, they were already out of some stuff, so I ended up spending more than I'd planned. They are having a deal where if you buy 10 kelloggs/keebler/sunshine/eggo products you get a coupon for $10 off your next order. They were out of some things I'd planned to buy for that, so I had to substitute other (more expensive) things. I still did pretty good though! The original total was $80.49 and I spent $21.02. I got 27 items, so that's about $0.77 each...not too bad! :) Here's a picture of what we got.

I can't imagine paying $80 for this! I think $21 is too The $10 coupon makes it worth it though. My next trip should be much better. And the girls are thrilled...fruit snacks, poptarts, eggo waffles, cheez-its, cookies, and hot dogs... :) And the best part is, the girls actually behaved really, really well! Maybe they just needed to get out of the house for a little bit. They've been playing nicely together with their new play-doh ice cream maker thing since we got home. I've "eaten" about 20 bowls/cones of play-doh ice cream since I started typing this :)

This weekend we had a No More Diapers celebration! I had been saying that after Ella was potty trained I was having a party to celebrate the end of my diaper changing days. After almost 9.5 years of daily diaper changes (most of that time with more than one in diapers) I'm finally done. So we had a little celebration this weekend. Saturday morning we went to the Panthers Fan Fest. It was a lot of fun. The girls really enjoyed it and we're definitely planning on going back next year. Saturday evening we had a special supper/snack/party food then played Pin the Tail on Swipper (from Dora) and musical chairs. Sunday we bobbed for apples (which was hilarious!) and then attempted to bust the pinata the girls and I made. Apparently we made an indestructible pinata... After knocking it down off the string a couple times Doug finally just ripped it open. The girls had beaten it to the point that there were dents in it, but it still wasn't busting open. They still thoroughly enjoyed it though. We had candy, crayons, pencils, pens, little things of bubbles, and some $1 coins in there. It was a really nice weekend!

Ella is still doing really well! She hasn't had any more problems with her knees hurting her (its been about 2 weeks). She woke up yesterday morning complaining of her ankle hurting. She didn't want to walk on it for a while and she wouldn't let me move her foot, but she wasn't in a whole lot of pain like she typically is when her knees are hurting her. And after an hour or so, she was walking around normally. She woke up crying last night and said her ankle was hurting and she cried out when I moved her foot, but she went right back to sleep and she was fine when she woke up this morning.

I got a call from the nurse from Makaela's neurologist's office. The EEG she had done a couple weeks ago was abnormal. The nurse said all she could tell me was the it showed partial seizures originating from the frontal lobe and that the doctor would go over the results with me at her follow up appointment (8/19). I'm very anxious to see what she has to say. I was really, really hoping that the results were going to be normal (especially after the shorter EEG she had done a couple months ago was normal...) and we were going to be able to wean her off her meds and put this behind us. Now we find out she's having a different type of seizure originating from a different part of her brain that when she was first diagnosed. I'm not really sure what any of that means. It may explain some of her odd/troubling/annoying/frustrating behaviors she's been having lately though. At least we only have to wait 8 more days until her appointment instead of the 6 weeks we had to wait to get the results of her last EEG (the short one that was normal...). I find it really weird that they wouldn't tell me anything about the results of the short EEG, which was normal, over the phone....just that I needed to come in for a follow up appointment to get the results and the next appointment was 6 weeks later, but they will tell me that the results of her last EEG were abnormal over the phone. Kinda seems backwards. But at least we know and hopefully we'll get some answers/explanations at her appointment next week.

Sorry for the rambly, all over the place post.... I've got to go fix some lunch for these "starving" kids of mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment